Team Fortress 2, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Updates Released

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by tf2.com, Nov 2, 2012.

1. tf2.com

tf2.com L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    Updates to Team Fortress 2, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
    Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
    • Fixed a bug that was causing intermittent lag spikes for Linux dedicated servers
    • Fixed a crash while command-tabing on Mac in fullscreenFixed not running on Mac OSX 10.5.8
    Team Fortress 2
    • MERASMUS! has leveled up at WizardCon!
      • "The Skull Island Topper" now tracks the highest level of Merasmus the owner has helped defeat
      • Increased Engineer, Scout, Pyro and Heavy damage against Merasmus
      • Increased Soldier and Demoman damage against Merasmus while he is in hiding
    • Saxxy Awards submissions are now being accepted for the Replay category via the in-game YouTube™ uploader
    • Fixed the Heavy not playing the correct audio when equipping all of the Grand Duchess items
    • Fixed the Grand Duchess items not being groupped as an item set
    • Fixed a bug that allowed spells to be applied to base items
    • Added zombie character images and a new Halloween background for the main menu
    • Beta version of new item import tool, available in game in the Steam Workshop submission process
    • Fixed Mann vs. Machine robots not taunting when they level up while carrying the bomb
    • Updated the health bar for Merasmus and Monoculus
      Added more credits to Caliginous Caper, Wave 666

Source: TF2.com

2. deadsource

deadsource L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    YES! No more lag spikes!

3. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    I'm actually really disappointed that they made Wave 666 easier. It felt like an old school challenge to me--beating a SNES game with 5 lives, no continues, that sort of thing. Ugh

4. Burnout6010

Burnout6010 L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    It should had been so hard that beating it is impossible because the devs didn't program an ending, and add 999 tanks so that whoever manages to win is severely dissapointed.

Old school games I tell you ;)

5. stegarootbeer

stegarootbeer L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Where's the dislike button?

6. Faux Rhinoceros

aa Faux Rhinoceros Also known as Dr. Element

Positive Ratings:
    Tanks are incredibly boring to fight. Why would you have a round with 1000 of them?

7. phi

aa phi Within The Vacuum Of Infinity...

Positive Ratings:
    The catch: they each have only 1 health.

8. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    Tanks are dull, but can make for cool gameplay when combined with spyswarm. I wonder if a "tons of tanks and tons of spies" wave would work in conventional mvm.

9. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    So, I thought the part about Merasmus "leveling up" just meant they made it so that if you defeat him you have to fight a more powerful version next time, like with Monoculous... but it looks like it means they actually just straight-up doubled his health, because every server I've been on since this update we've only gotten him down to about half health.

10. Vaconcovat

Vaconcovat L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Well, it didn't seem like they doubled his health, with some organisation we managed to defeat lvl3 and almost kill lvl 4.