Team Engie or Team Spy?

What team are you choosing?

• Total voters

chemelia

yndersn't
aa
May 11, 2014
I'm sure almost all of us have heard about the essentially confirmed upcoming update, featuring a "War!" style battle between Engineer and Spy. If and when this happens, what team will you support?

Last edited:

TyeZenneth

L6: Sharp Member
May 31, 2014
Let's just say I'll be playing a lot of Spy once this update hits...
...because I'm really shite at him and will thus contribute many points to the Engie cause.

SSX

aa
Feb 2, 2014
8qQfJmj.png

Engi for the win...but no seriously, love you Spy. :p

Shogun

L6: Sharp Member
Jan 31, 2014
Medic is my favorite class, so this update is going to consist of me mostly standing next to a sentry healing an engineer or seeing a spy every one or two seconds to heal.

Oh boy.

bobotype

L1: Registered
Sep 24, 2014
Medic is my favorite class, so this update is going to consist of me mostly standing next to a sentry healing an engineer or seeing a spy every one or two seconds to heal.

Oh boy.

Maybe new weapons will bringnew dynamics for you, say, such as a backpack-mounted mobile Sentry.

Nov 2, 2010
I'll probably pick Engie, but only because I suck so much as Spy.

Maybe I'll go Pyro and ruin everyone's fun.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Team Fortress.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
I really hope they do this update well. A lot of Spies doesn't work, as everyone gets paranoid and spy checks more. More than one or two spies on a team is always bad. However a ton of engies works very well and can lock down an area like crazy. It's also a pain in the ass to deal with.

Jul 30, 2014
Spy definitely is at a huge disadvantage in this.
When they have level 3's engies can just sit up against a wall protected from trying to shoot them by their sentry, they either have to be really dumb/busy before they are in a position where you can stab and sap in 1 move. The only other way you can take them out is to sap there sentry first and give away you are a spy.

If they are using minis you have a slightly better chance, but you still have to face the choice of sapping first to give away position or going for the stab first, hoping you don't miss and you can sap the mini before it kills you.

Either way I am really not looking forward to facing the hoards of enigies, I might just give up on pubs during this event (class limit on tf2maps sever plz).