Team deathmatch.

Do you think tdm would be good in tf2?

• Total voters

Vycter

L2: Junior Member
Mar 15, 2017
Hello. So I'm making a Halloween reskin of one of the arena maps and I want to make it into tdm since well arena isn't that popular anymore and I'm not a fan of only having 1 life. What I want to do is have it so every time you kill someone your team earns a point and the goal is to get the required amount of points to win first. So basically its player destruction but you don't have to score your points for them to count. Also maybe it could have random spawn points that depend on where the enemys are and stuff although this might mean I would have to make the map bigger since right now that wouldn't work cuz its a small map. Anyone have a idea on how I could do it?

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015
If youre gonna try that at all try Player Destruction, but you really need to design your map with that in mind.

Vycter

Mar 15, 2017
I guess if no one can figure it out I will just do pd but I rather try and do this.

Yabayabayaba

L5: Dapper Member
Jun 2, 2016
You could do pd, but have the capture zone cover the entire map

Vycter

Mar 15, 2017
I will try that Yabaya although I think that means it has to be kill confirmed but meh.

Yabayabayaba

Jun 2, 2016
You still have to pick up the drops, so you can't just suicide to get kills. Also you could do random spawns by having a spawn in a room, and a trigger that disables the spawn if any enemies are in the room (or right outside the door) have a couple of these and you are likely to be fine. You may want to put multiple spawns per room, and spawns for both teams.

How about a game mode where your team can only re spawn (after the first spawn) if a teammate is standing on a control point (scatter a few through the map) so you have to achieve an objective to let a teammate re spawn. But maybe let only one person spawn per control point (they reset after 30 sec). Your goal is to outlast the other team, rather like arena except you can bring your team back if you do good. Time to refine this idea

Vycter

Mar 15, 2017
I think I will just have to do kill confirmed but if anyone has a idea on how to do normal tdm then please reply.

Vycter

Mar 15, 2017
No need to reply or whatever now. Construction zombie has made a edited pd thing so it plays like tdm and it works.

[Rx.] Christian Troy

Jan 23, 2017
No need to reply or whatever now. Construction zombie has made a edited pd thing so it plays like tdm and it works.
Good to know. I am working on finishing up koth project and work on a tdm next.

Necrσ

aa
Nov 16, 2015
How about a game mode where your team can only re spawn (after the first spawn) if a teammate is standing on a control point (scatter a few through the map) so you have to achieve an objective to let a teammate re spawn. But maybe let only one person spawn per control point (they reset after 30 sec). Your goal is to outlast the other team, rather like arena except you can bring your team back if you do good. Time to refine this idea
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Arena:_Respawn

Vycter

Mar 15, 2017
I might try to add the uber for a couple of seconds in what I'm doing just incase of spawn camping.