Team Australium Thread

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by cyked, Aug 18, 2010.

1. cyked

cyked L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    AND YOU THOUGHT WE WERE DEAD.

Basics

I will post in this thread match details, our opponents, the maps we will be playing against them on, and the time of the match. I will try and make the matches around 6-7pm ish EST

DEFAULT MATCH TIME IS SUNDAY 8PM EST. If we can't decide on a time between the teams, this will be Ok for everyone on the team afaik. I will try and get matches on weekends at about that time anyway.

Roster

Scout: Prestige
    Soldier: Misanthrope
    Pyro: Matt
    Demoman: Dark
    Heavy: Cyked - Leader
    Engineer: Nik
    Medic: Grim Tuesday
    Sniper: Frobot
    Spy: Cyclopsided

Subs: Littleedge

Communications

We will be using mumble for our voice chat. IT IS REQUIRED THAT YOU HAVE A MIC AND CAN COMMUNICATE WITH THE TEAM. (if you dont have one, go to radio shack and get one for $10)

You can download mumble here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/
    Mumble Server Address: TBD

Matches

The first set of matches are the group stages. We will play the other 4 teams in our group once, on a 2 map round. In all likelihood from the map rotation, we will be playing on both Gravelpit and Badwater at some point, so get practising on your skills on those maps. I will try my best to organize at a time which is accessible to us all, but if you are unable to make it to a match Pm me, message me on steam or post here, and I will organize for one of the subs to take your place. Even the subs need to make sure that they are here on the day, in case of unexpected absences.

Rules

It would be a good Idea to go read the etf2l standard rules and those of the Highlander challenge, as you must have a screenshot taken at the end of match on, along with recording a demo of every match, every single one of you guys.

PRACTICE MATCH

TIME: TBD
    OPPONENTS: TF2 Mighty Pies (lol good joke)

Any preferred maps post or PM me, I will settle a definite time with their team leader later in the next few days.

Thanks to Jimmy for writing this so all i had to do was copy paste it hurrrrrr

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  2. Grim Tuesday

aa Grim Tuesday

Positive Ratings:
    Its time to kick ass and chew gum. And im all out of gum.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  3. Penguin

aa Penguin Clinically Diagnosed with Small Mapper's Syndrome

Positive Ratings:
    Is this TF2M3?

4. Prestige

aa Prestige im not gay anymore

Positive Ratings:
    yeah.

5. nik

nik L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Lets kick prestige off and make LE full time.

6. littleedge

aa littleedge L1111: Clipping Guru

Positive Ratings:
    But I don't think I can play Scout! We'll find out in a couple days when my new computer's built. Scout is the first class I'm playing with 30+ FPS. I love the ability to meatshot, but 11 FPS just doesn't make it easy.

7. owly-oop

aa owly-oop im birb

Positive Ratings:
    CHALLENGING TEAM AUSTRALIUM THIS SATURDAY

AUGUST 28TH

20:00 CEST

1PM CENTRAL

Does your team accept TF2M1's challenge? We'll see how getting together our team goes out

8. cyked

cyked L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    wtf time is CEST. AMERICAN TIMES ONLY :D

EDIT: 2pm EDT HURRRRRR it is set

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  9. Nutomic

Nutomic L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    Afaik, only one member of each team has to make a screenshot and submit it after the match (at least thats how it was half a year ago).

10. nik

Positive Ratings:
    so the match is this saturday, at 2 PM EDT?

that's what, like 3 PM EST, right?

11. littleedge

Positive Ratings:
    ...Yeah. This is why I remove the middle initial from timezones due to Daylight Savings Time - just confuses people.

It's at 2PM ET on Saturday.

12. nik

Positive Ratings:
    Whatever, I'll be around on Saturday.

13. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    So guys.

I was asked today to sub in the practice game, and it appears you really need some subs, judging by how hard it was to get anything going. I haven't talked to Cyked yet, but if you want a Heavy(preferred)/Engie sub I can do it.

EDIT: Also I tend to actually turn up for stuff.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  14. Grim Tuesday

aa Grim Tuesday

Positive Ratings:
    Sry I cant play guys, Im in Wisconsin (thousands of miles from home) with a laptop that cant play TF2, or map, has a screen that randomly turns on and off, and am using Linkysys's internet. Which manages to cut out every 10 minutes.

So if my random chance, all the factors of internet, and screen worked in my favor, it would be likely that TF2 would BSOD. And now my grandparents want to go take a nice walk in the park. Go kick their asses guys!

15. nik

Positive Ratings:
    We won after 1 round, tf2m1 forfeited.

16. Prestige

aa Prestige im not gay anymore

Positive Ratings:
    i think only me, erich, dark, nik, and matt were there.
    muffin, moose, some guy on darks friends list that was talking about getting the medal so he might want to sub or something, and someone else i dont remember cuz it was over in like 5 minutes.

lost 6-0 or something

17. Nitram

Nitram L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I can join the team as backup, that would be as a buddy though since I'm playing in Div4.

18. littleedge

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry I wasn't there. But I'm a sub, don't hate on me too much. And it was just a practice, we could always do it again. I had gotten my new computer and it took TF2 HOURS to install. I started at around 2:00 and when I went to watch Whale Wars at 5:15ish, it was only two-thirds done. Got back now, around 7, and it finished. So yeah.

19. nik

Positive Ratings:
    Nobody's hatin' LE. don't know why everybody is so worked up about it anyways :\

20. Grim Tuesday

aa Grim Tuesday

Positive Ratings:
    lol, you could have just "backed up" your install on your old computer onto a CD or external hdd, and brought it over. Then you could install in a couple minutes!