System Cannot Find File Specified (After toying with Boojum Snark, Puddy, Hammer ++)

MMorangeHWM

L1: Registered
Jul 23, 2022
Downloaded Boojum Snark's Ultimate pack, but was informed to get Puddy's Small pack on top of that. I removed my ABS files using the remover tool in my files then placed the files in the right locations, but both packs weren't working as intended.

I resorted to Hammer++, but when running the map, Team Fortress 2 wouldn't boot. After moving back to basic Hammer, I was given the "System Cannot Find File Specified" Error and Team Fortress 2 won't boot still.

Compile log on a test map I just made below (This happens to all maps so I just made a tester):

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "C:\Users\hwmor\Documents\Hammer Maps\test.bsp" "\test.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
"The system cannot find the file specified."

** Executing...
** Command: "D:\Steam\Steam\steamapps\common\Team"
** Parameters: -game "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf" +map "test" -steam

If anyone has an idea on how to fix my basic Hammer, or how to get the game client to run the map in Hammer ++, I'll happily go down the easiest route. Thank you to all the readers in advance.

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Is that the complete compile log? Because you don't even have vbsp in it.

iiboharz

eternally tired
aa
Nov 5, 2014
Is that the complete compile log? Because you don't even have vbsp in it.
It's almost as if that's almost what might be causing the problem. Wow!

Snark aside -- yeah it looks like vbsp isn't even running, thus vvis and vrad don't actually have a bsp file to work with, so that would probably be a good place to start.

If you're using the compile function in Hammer then you'll need to make sure that it is set up correctly. If you're using Hammer++ you can probably get away with reinstalling the program (I think.)