KotH Sylva

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Kaltho, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Kaltho

Kaltho L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Sylva means forest in latin, or something.

The teams are fighting for control of a large wood industry (that was totally not built over a spytech base).

I'm pretty sure the area around the point is too open, but I'm not sure what I should change... whatever.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  2. radarhead

aa radarhead Hands out ratings like cheap cigars

Positive Ratings:
    Looks like a box with stuff in it. As other members will tell you, that's not a good idea. Not only does it look boring, it caused stuff to render that shouldn't.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. TheBestUsername

TheBestUsername L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I don't mean to sound brutal, but you've got a lot to learn before you can make a good map, my friend. Read all the tutorials here on the forum, and when you play TF2, think about why you like or dislike the stock maps. You're already better than I was when I started mapping about four years ago. After all that time, only now have I finally made a level I'm confident enough with to release. But don't get discouraged. Keep working, stay confident, you'll get there.

And don't say things like, I see a problem in my map, whatever. That attitude will get you nowhere. If you see a problem, fix it, and if you can't fix it, ask for help!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2014