Switching Spawn Room Ownership

rickster

L1: Registered
Mar 5, 2008
The Map:
I have a linear CP map (like Dustbowl) that has 3 rounds. Each round has 2 cap points. The final round has 3 respawn rooms instead of 2.

• Respawn Room A is at the blue base
  • Respawn Room B is near the first cap point
  • Respawn Room C is at the red base

What I want:
When Red Own Cap Point 1: I want Red to spawn at Respawn Room B, and blue to spawn at Respawn Room A.
When Blue Owns Cap Point 1: I want Red to spawn at Respawn Room C, and blue to spawn at Respawn Room B.

The Problem
Because this is a Linear CP map, I have to set the info_player_teamspawns's "Player Spawn for Round:" fields. Those do not seem to cooperate well with "Associated Control Point" fields. I have tried all kinds of things including disabling and enabling info_player_teamspawns and func_respawnrooms. Does anyone have an idea of how I could accomplish this.

Thanks for the time.

Side Note: Does anyone know of a group that would beta test this very early version of the map for gameplay? I am new to TF2 maps so excuse me if I am missing something obvious.

Last edited:

rickster

L1: Registered
Mar 5, 2008
Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I cannot get this to work. This could be because of the linear CP setup. I tried setting up the last area as was described in that thread. The problem is that it seems the earlier rounds are taking precedence over the spawns. In other words, for round 3, both teams are spawning at Round 1's first spawn point. It seems that because the 1st respawn room in round 1 has associated teams, it is overpowering the round 3 spawn points that don't have those variables set (even though the earlier spawns aren't associated with round 3).

Am I going to have to stop using team associated spawns altogether (including the first 2 rounds) and just set up tons of triggered spawns?