Switching from HL2 to TF2

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by ChuckSpurgeon, Aug 8, 2015.

1. ChuckSpurgeon

ChuckSpurgeon L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I did about an hour's worth of work--no biggie.

But, I think I selected HL2 when I opened Hammer to work on a new payload layout.

Is there way I can switch it to TF2?

2. sevin

aa sevin

Positive Ratings:
    Are you launching Hammer via the hammer.exe in team fortress 2/bin? It has multiple game configurations setup, so it should ask you what game config you want loaded every time you open Hammer.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. ChuckSpurgeon

Positive Ratings:
    So, it doesn't matter that when I created the map, I had accidentally clicked HL2 instead of TF2?

I created a quicklaunch icon for Hammer on start bar. :)

4. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
  5. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    Let me explain a bit for anyone that finds this thread later: it matters when going backwards in engine versions, but not forwards usually. For example, a VMF edited or made in SFM's Hammer is unusable in TF2's Hammer, but not vice versa. Should be the same for all older versions of Hammer. I don't think the HL2 one is different enough that it matters either way though.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  6. sevin

aa sevin

Positive Ratings:
    If you've textured or added props you'll obviously need to replace them with TF2 assets as well.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. ChuckSpurgeon

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, I leave my texture filter at "tf," so I never mix HL2 textures in. Good reminder, though.

Thanks!

8. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    I think you may need to check that the skybox is appropriate, i think that's part of the game configuration.

9. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Only if you have Booj's pack installed; otherwise it'll start you off with that Day 1 sky no matter what you're using.