Swamp Pack Mirror?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by English Mobster, Aug 22, 2011.

1. English Mobster

English Mobster L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I realize that the Swamp Pack was added to the game a while back, but when it was added in, Valve only added the props that were actually used in the map; there are quite a few props, particles, etc. that are missing.
    I need the Water Payload explosion from the Swamp Pack, but this isn't used by any of the maps and thus isn't in the game. Swamp.tf2maps.net has a still-working download link to a few custom maps made with the Swamp Pack, but the actual link to the Swamp Pack is missing, replaced by a message saying it was added to the game.
    Does anyone have a mirror of the swamp theme? Or better yet, can somebody with the power to do so resurrect the link back on the swamp theme's page?
    Thanks.

2. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    I don't think the swamp pack went official because a map went official when using that content. Valve just purchased the pack. Some things were left out, presumably because they weren't useful, of a decent quality or would be just difficult to implement. Such as the particles. I believe Valve only purchased the models and materials.

3. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    I think the Skyboxes weren't bought either.

4. Wander

Wander L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. zpqrei

aa zpqrei Theme Changer Extraordinaire

Positive Ratings:
    We've told them it's missing. They said they'd fix it.

Out of our hands, now.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  6. English Mobster

English Mobster L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Ah, there it is! Thanks Wander.