Surfing air accelerate?

Afterglow375

L1: Registered
Oct 1, 2012
Is there a way to make a map have the same air acceleration as in surf servers? Or better yet, just sections of a map, maybe a trigger entity of some type?

colacan

L5: Dapper Member
Apr 14, 2012
trigger_push pushes things, so you might want to use that.

Phraggah

L1: Registered
Jul 27, 2009
Is there a way to make a map have the same air acceleration as in surf servers? Or better yet, just sections of a map, maybe a trigger entity of some type?

As far as I know, the specific effect of sv_airaccelerate is a server variable. This variable is locked in normal tf2 and you need a mod like SourceMod to allow you to change it on your own server. This is also what surf servers do.

As far as changing mid game, you can make triggers change the actual airaccelerate value using a point_servercommand, but this would not be a valid solution for a multiplayer map where you would have different clients in different areas all needing different values at the same time. To my knowledge, nothing like that is built into Source, so you would probably have to do some coding (meaning make your own mod at the very least. You may not be able to do this without the source to the actual engine.)

The only thing I could really think of is using push triggers to simulate different values of airaccelerate, but that seems like it would be clumsy, innacurate and hard to quantify/test but YMMV.

If you are willing to share, you could try to explain what you are going for and there may be another way of doing so.