Supported screenshot formats?

shpladoink

L3: Member
Dec 19, 2007
The default image format when taking screens in TF2 is .tga. While these are great quality, they're also yucking huge at around 5 megs apiece. It's possible to take screens in .jpg format as well by binding a key to "jpeg", but are there any other image types that TF2 can save as?

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
You can use "bind f5 jpg" (I think) to take jpg images instead of .tga files and there is another setting to adjust the quality of the jpg (I think)

shpladoink

L3: Member
Dec 19, 2007
Yeah, binding a key to "jpeg" takes a .jpg screenshot, and "jpeg_quality [0-100]" adjusts the, uh, quality. I was mostly wondering about .png's or something like that since I'm picky about image artifacts and am mostly lazy about having to convert files.

Fyfey

L2: Junior Member
Jan 24, 2008
Photoshop also supports Batch conversion. Can a bind be set up to run an external command? You could then setup the batch to run every time a screenshot was taken, converting it from tga to png.

EDIT: This would only be good if it ran in the background as to not disturb play, and would give a brief moment of slowdown I would imagine