supper hammer help

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by samfisher0001, Jun 15, 2009.

1. samfisher0001

samfisher0001 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    hi very new to this sight along with the hammer editor.

any hows ive been making a map based on a school envrion ment but the hammer has just decided to stop navigateing though the use of wasd and it wont spawn enitiys :crying:

it literly just came out of no whare when i was making the skybox. :(

im also getting a hunk overfolw and vertex buffer sizer error.

yes i have deleted the whole sdk flders from steam/steamapps...

reinstalled but with the same problem.

i need to reset game controls or someing like that.

thanks for the help in advanced

2. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    Reset your game configurations? You mean?

Have you done this?

3. samfisher0001

Positive Ratings:
    yes i have. (sdk tool box thingy) yet it still fails at fixing the controls eg i thing d and c are my move forward and back while pressing "z" nolonger sets the camera to move with the mouse

4. a2h

a2h L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    That was fun.

Anyway, try clicking on the 3d view and then press Z.

EDIT: d/c aren't the controls? You can't change them?

Also, care to send a screenshot?

5. jpr

aa jpr

Positive Ratings:
    mmm... supper
    This tutorial/resource was very useful, thanks.

6. Nohbody

Nohbody L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Also, problems like these go in the mapping discussion forum. This particular forum is for posting tutorials, and this isnt much of a tutorial :D

7. samfisher0001

Positive Ratings:
    oooh. sorry for posting under wrong catagory. any who. my camer used to be controled by pressing w a s d. now it only seems to move with the keys d and c. the key "z" will no longer allows me to move the screen like in fps like it used to. funnyl enough i thought it may have been the .cgf or gcf what ever one it is re downloaded that. still no fix. all i basicly want to do is just reset or restore my controls back to wasd. i think it started when i was looking at some of the entitys by spawning them. the prefabs.

does any one know if there is a stored setting for hammer which i can manualy delete?

[​IMG]

ok hi ive just found the fix. this was due to my registory have incorect settings. i just deleted the hammer regesistory and then rest game setings. now my settings are back to norm. any who thanks for any help :)

hoope my mapp will be out in 2-3 weeks. it will be for hl death match, tf2, counter strike and gmod. XD

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009