KotH sunset_saloon_r2

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by 3Check, Feb 28, 2014.

1. 3Check

3Check L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    koth_sunset_saloon_r2 by 3Check
    This is an update to the trading saloon to balance and optimize the map for King of the Hill game mode.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  2. Egan

aa Egan

Positive Ratings:
    Oh wow, I saw this when it was first released on gamebanana a while ago. Looks really good. What's the FPS on this map though? I guess I can find out quickly on my own, but is there an issue with all these props in a small space with 24 players fighting around in it?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. 3Check

Positive Ratings:
    Cool, THX Egan. I did a full optimization pass and added area portalling, a few occluder brushes, thinned models, and added LOD's and detail brushes. I am really hoping all this helps those that were being affected with the FPS hits. The 3 rigs we have tested on are pretty nice and run it great. Can't wait to hear back!

4. Dr. Sasha

Dr. Sasha L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I really like the outside, but don't you think the team-coloured lights are too intense?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    Very beutifull, but I recommend you to use advanced light options to perfectionate the shadows

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. 3Check

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks Sasha - are you refering to the spawn and underground tunnel lights?
    I defineately am going to do another lighting pass. Thanks for the run through!

7. 3Check

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks Lampenpam, I still need to adjust some lightmaps and do some advanced lighting studying. Appreciate the feedback!

8. 3Check

Positive Ratings:
    Just released version 2.2 with clipping fixes to the right side cliffs/waterfall.