Suggestions of abbrieviations (map type)

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
Now for sure, we've used the standard: CP, CTF, KotH, arena, and AD... and rarely TC. Now my question is, how should parameters be set up for non-standard mode configurations. I know that we can roughly set it up with the closest title, but what if its a new game mode entirely? Anyway, my current map ATLAS is a mixed bag and currently dons the abbreviation of CTF. This will change as I get closer to an alpha release, whereing the objective is get a command list deciphered to fire a laser... or satellite signal. This is achieved by taking power nodes to specific areas of the maps: Mining, Power, Communications. Mining makes it viable to get other power sources until that runs out (lasts 30 seconds... ish). Power makes the node recharge much faster, however doesn't do anything else. Communications is how you decipher the intelligence, and burns through nodes the fastest. I have the idea to use Territory control, as only one objective can be optimally powered without sacrificing performance, and I feel that is also wrong.

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
well... that wasn't on the wiki as game modes... so maybe? also rc stands for release candidate. so be careful with abbreviations