Sudden Death Area

FlashDash

L1: Registered
Oct 31, 2018
I’m making a server rn and i am planning on making a separate Sudden Death area (based on SSBM FD, but I digress), and im curious on how i can do that. Ive seen another map do it, and it certainly wasn’t a server mod, so how is this done?

Last edited:

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
If you want to kill players, use a trigger_hurt with jacked up settings.

FlashDash

L1: Registered
Oct 31, 2018
Ok, already knew how to do that. What im asking is instead of spawning in the spawn rooms like regular during Sudden Death, there is a way to have a separate spawn destination to a different area specifically for Sudden Death

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2018
Sorry if this answer came too late but there is an entity that overrides the spawn location of players that die in it, it's trigger_player_respawn_override.
Basically cover the entire regular play area with two of this trigger entity, one filtered for blu and one filtered for red, specify the appropriate new info_player_teamspawn entities in the key values. don't forget to also set the Spawn Mode keyvalue in the new spawn points to Triggered.

If you want to respawn everyone instead of send those who die to that area you can disable and enable the old and new spawns and use game_forcerespawn to respawn the players