Stupid QUestion Time - Rapid Model Viewing

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Stormcaller3801, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Stormcaller3801

Stormcaller3801 L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    This is, as advertised, a stupid question.

There are a great many models. I have seen them by opening up the model viewer. However, every time I open the model viewer, I have to find the proper folder and model by name, without having much in the way of ideas as to what things look like.

Similarly, when I'm in Hammer and I attempt to set up a given prop, I often find I don't know how they named it. For instance, if I think the item's called a cabinet but the person who made it called it a locker, I'm going to have trouble finding it.

Or I may just know I want something for that wall, but I don't know just what.

So are there any good ways to look at all of the available options in quick succession? Preferably all the TF2 ones?

This latter thing is a particular problem because I've noticed limiting things to just TF2 does not necessarily include all of the TF2 props that are available. Which is vexing. Verily vexing.

2. Vigilante212

Vigilante212 L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Thier is a model pack here has all available models in easy to view map.
    [ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=4674"]Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack - TF2Maps.net Forums[/ame]