Strip players of spells?

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
Quite simply, I am wondering if it were possible to strip a player of a carried tf_spell_pickup purely for the sake of seeing if I could. I'm not looking to strip any particular spell, just that if a player enters a given brush that whatever spell they might have on them got removed.

For clarification this would be both spells held but not used, or spells currently in effect such as the 'mousetrap' spell.

Izotope

Sourcerer
aa
May 13, 2013
I'm sure there are some workarounds to strip spells currently in effect, but probably no way to strip held spells.

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
I'm sure there are some workarounds to strip spells currently in effect, but probably no way to strip held spells.
continuing on this: it counts similarly to the canteen, the only difference changing what you pick up with something slotted, now had to be used, if there was anything, it'd be a trigger to make the player cast their spells, and I don't think even that exists without cvar

Werewolf

aa
Apr 12, 2011
Just in case any one else tries it, you can't use point_clientcommand with the command +use_action_slot_item to force players to use their held spell.

Werewolf

aa
Apr 12, 2011
You might be able to simply fire the 'kill' command on the spellbook item across the map, as it will target all that matches the classname (like how you can fire 'ent_fire team_round_timer addtime 100').

I think the spellbook weapon name is: tf_weapon_spellbook
Yeah that would kill map wide, I was seeing if I could strip players within trigger_multiple brushes. I might have an experiment with the DevZones plugin to see if its possible that way.