Stream that pulls players?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by ProselyteCanti, Nov 25, 2014.

1. ProselyteCanti

ProselyteCanti L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Like how if water is flowing in a specific direction, the player is pulled. But is there a way to do that without water? Like, for example, a beam that pulls players upwards? I've seen it on maps before, but have no idea how it's done.

2. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Trigger_push

However note that this entity cannot lift a player up on their own. They need to be in the air already for that to work. BUT, you can do that a few different ways, easiest being a small drop before they hit the volume.

3. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    Hmm, wouldn't that new impulse force trigger thing work to fix the "push can't lift" problem?

4. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, that's another (more complex) way to do it now. It's certainly going to fix a few gimmicks of mine next time I update them.

5. ProselyteCanti

Positive Ratings:
    How big of a difference is there with the new impulse force thing?

Also, off topic, but are non-objective maps (not trade, just no control points or intelligence or anything of that sort) allowed to be submitted on this site? I know they're not allowed on the testing server, so I thought I should ask before posting it.

6. sevin

aa sevin

Positive Ratings:
    There's a forum for that.

7. ProselyteCanti

Positive Ratings:
    Of course, but I don't know if it would have to pertain to one of the prefixes in the rules/information thread or if it can just be whatever.