Strange manipulations of forward spawns

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by HQDefault, Dec 30, 2014.

1. HQDefault

aa HQDefault ...what

Positive Ratings:
    So, me and a ades are working on a collab map project, and the forward spawns should work fine, but for some reason, it keeps on throwing us in the forward spawn when I tested it with bots, and sometimes even put us in the wrong stage altogether

ades and I turned the VMF upside down looking for it, and we couldn't find A HINT to the cause. We went by the book for everything.

Then ades suggested that it was creating the NAV file that caused it to do that. For some reason. Based on my mapping knowledge, that should be impossible.

So what is the cause? Any troubleshooting tips? Did I do something wrong?

2. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    If you have multiple stages make sure your entities are pointing to the correct spawnpoints, or none of them will work properly.

3. HQDefault

aa HQDefault ...what

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, we actually looked into that. That worked fine.

4. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    What we need, and not just OP, is a checklist for this.

5. HQDefault

aa HQDefault ...what

Positive Ratings:
    Let's get one thing outta the way: Can creating a nav mesh break the spawnrooms?

6. ics

aa ics http://ics-base.net

Positive Ratings:
    Nav shouldn't affect game logic, except if we are on L4D/L4D2. Not sure about TF2.

7. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
    check the console to make sure spawn entities are not blocked (that's probably not it but you know... just checkin)