Strange Leak Problem

cownaetion

L1: Registered
Feb 24, 2008
I have a map made up of individual, self-enclosed rooms that you can access via teleport, 12 total. When compiling the map, I get a leak error. When loading up the point file, the line of error is about 256 units in length, and is at least 700 units underneath one of the areas. It is not inside a container, does not touch a container, is just floating by itself.

So I compile the map again, this time with the area that was above the line or error hidden. The map compiles fine. Alright, so that area should be the culprit. However, the area, when by it's self (after hiding all areas except that one), compiles just fine, no leaks. Hmm. Okay, I try enclosing the whole area in a solid brush for the hell of it, with all the areas visible, still get a leak, with the line of error underneath... So I enclose the line itself with a brush, and it works, sometimes. Sometimes the line will move along the X-axis, but remain constant on the other two axises.

So, any ideas as to why this is happening and fixes? If I hide the area then it works but the area compiles fine by itself so looking for a leak when there isn't one is quite bothersome. I'm guessing it has something to do with VVIS, dimension problems or something? Any help would be great, thanks for your time regardless if you made it this far.

Nutomic

L11: Posh Member
Feb 7, 2009
Just remember to move your origins back where they are supposed to be, like those of func_door_rotating, or func_rotating, or those entities wont work properly. But as these are rarely used in tf2, it shouldnt be so important here.