Storage

NerdKoopa

L1: Registered
Nov 1, 2009
*Notice!* This version is no longer valid! Download koth_storage_b3 instead!

So, this is my very first working TF2 map. It was mainly inspired by ctf_turbine. There are still some problems to be solved. Some places have glitchy shadows and odd lighting. But the layout is pretty much final. Now all I need is someone who wants to test it... Any volunteers? Anyone?

Last edited:

Exist

L6: Sharp Member
Oct 31, 2009
Lighting

I like the look of the lay out, the only thing that concerns me is pic 5
the lighting looks to bright for those little light bulbs.

gamemaster1996

L13: Stunning Member
Sep 30, 2009
I agree maybe you should change to a different light with a light_spot as rarely will entity light work to the desired effect unless you tweak it a bit.

It reminds me of dm_store or turbine (as you said).

All in all looks good.

My only other advice is that screenshot #1 looks far too sniper friendly.

NerdKoopa

Nov 1, 2009
I agree maybe you should change to a different light with a light_spot as rarely will entity light work to the desired effect unless you tweak it a bit.

It reminds me of dm_store or turbine (as you said).

All in all looks good.

My only other advice is that screenshot #1 looks far too sniper friendly.

Thanks for the constructive feedback. However... About that first screenshot. See those two stacked containers? There's a third exit right behind them. There's only one direct route to the sniper deck. You can also bypass the snipers by going through the basement. But maybe I should remove that third door from the middle of the sniper deck.

Aug 10, 2009
A good sniper could dominate this map.

There's only one direct route to the sniper deck.
Yes, one direct route, 3 doors to poke your head out of :/

You can also bypass the snipers by going through the basement
Ah but the hill isn't in the basement is it? The basement is also very sniper friendly

There are shitloads of sightlines coming from the sniper deck, and on ground level there is ample room for any sniper to be comforatable. I hate to be harsh but this map is incredibly sniper friendly.

NerdKoopa

Nov 1, 2009
*Notice!* This version is no longer valid! Download koth_storage_b3 instead!