Stop TF2 map from reloading itself for no reason?

spacenoobs

L1: Registered
May 10, 2014
Hi everyone...

So... this is a common problem that happens to most official maps but I wonder if there is a good solution to it?

So... let's say I'm playing on ctf_turbine... and we win. That increases the "rounds won" (I think that's the name? there are "points" and there are "rounds")...

So... we win a round. But at after 3 rounds... the map DISCONNECTS and we have to RELOAD THE SAME MAP ALL OVER AGAIN.

It's so stupid... to force people to wait for 30 seconds or so... (for me anyhow) while it reloads an entire map... just wasteful.

Is there someway to disable this? Like set the number of rounds to 1000? Just in a map i'm making...

spacenoobs

L1: Registered
May 10, 2014
If you set the round win limit and time limit to 0 and then the map will never change unless you change it manually.

OK thanks... Actually it might not be such a great idea for release... but I can set it for testing purposes at least :) thanks!

May 25, 2015
Wait, you mean map specific parameters? I meant server options. Sorry to say this, but you can't control round win limits and map change time limits from within the maps. Those are controlled by the server operator. However, you can set your own server, or local listen server to use a timelimit and round limit of 0 for permanent playing. However, you can not assume every other server operator running your map will have it be on forever.