Stop Stickies

Sirckel Brad

L1: Registered
Mar 12, 2017
I made a map that has cars driving towards people. But here's one problem.
When someone places a sticky on the ground the car just stops. Or sometimes it flips over and fall off the edge.. Is there anyway to prevent stickies? Help me!

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Set the cars to not collide with the stickies. Or why not add a trigger_hurt to the car that removes stickies, buildings and players alike?

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
How do I do that?
The cars are props right? Go to their object properties and change the 'Collisions' from "Use VPhysics" to "Not Solid"

55G4Mg4.png

Sirckel Brad

Mar 12, 2017
Well. I don't really know I ported this map from zombie master. I just add the triggerhurt.
Let's focus on the bridge.

Sirckel Brad

Mar 12, 2017
They move forward.
and if they hit something their physics actually makes them move left and right.

Werewolf

Probably not a real Werewolf
aa
Apr 12, 2011
OK how the cars actually move is off topic from what you asked. Here's a suggestion with a could of options

Make a 1hu thin, invisible func_door over your road area. You could make the road itself a func_door, but you'd need to put a world brush under it so that the world is still sealed. In either case, you don't need the door to open or close at all, it just has to be there. Stickies can't stick to doors so they will slide about until they touch something they can stick to.

From here you have some options as to how you direct the stickies to move:
  • You could make the door slightly higher on one side so that the stickies roll 'downhill'
  • You could use a thin trigger_push brush over the road to move any stickies to one side. Just make sure you diable the 'Clients' flag so players aren't effected.
  • Parent a point_push on the front bumper of each car. Disable the 'Push Players' flag and enable the 'No Falloff' flag. Set the range to a little further ahead where the cat meets the road. This won't move any stickies that have stuck the floor, but will move any that have not stuck to anything yet.
I was also going to suggest using trigger_remove brushes over your cars, but I could not get them to remove stickies at all, even with different filters attached. I don't know if someone else has made that work, but I haven't.