Stonebridge

ULTIDUO Stonebridge a2a

14bit

L14: Bit Member
aa
Oct 5, 2014
14bit submitted a new resource:

Stonebridge - Untested, but festive!

A festive little Ultiduo map made for TFConnect's Ultiduo segment!

Uses:
  • Alaxe's TFConnect tree, presents, and toy train
  • Frontline textures and props
This is the 5 minute timer version. 2m, 1m30s, and 1m versions also exist, contact me if you need them!

Read more about this resource...

PigPig

Entitled Elitist
Apr 27, 2015
I played this last night with some friends, here's some feedback:

Respawn times were too short relative to the capture time. The Capture time feels about right, I figure it's just the respawn times.
(For my ulti-duo map I settled with Attackers: 1, Defenders: 4, Initially both : 6, Time to cap : 3)

Felt like the map was scarce on ammo, the two smalls were awkwardly far from each other. You'd expect for the low respawn times ammo wouldn't be a problem, but it just meant after a long fight the losing team could further dogpile with full health & ammo coming off the respawn. Players don't have enough time to recuperate after a fight, ammo is left behind because of this.

As for layout suggestions: The soldiers on both teams were not a fan of the crate combat near the point. As well as the 'clutter' in some of the combat spaces (Lightposts and such). The approach to the control point also felt a little painful from both sides, (Left and right). The drawing below is one option for the right side.

As for the crates on mid, defenders would use the extra height of the crate to bully approaching players from the left low ground. (Left of image below)

My possibly questionable suggestion #1:
1670569649519.png

1670570061805.png

1670570174590.png

1670570291891.png

Nitpick: Try to streamline these odd corners out.
1670570366446.png

Bugs:
You can enter the enemy team spawns. While this was funny at first, it's incredibly annoying to get spawn-camped as a medic. :^)

Closing thoughts:
Ultiduo is a very subjective game mode due to the fact it's so deathmatch-heavy.

I'll respond to any questions or points of contention that arise from this post, just be sure to ask! Cheers.
-Comic sans user

PS: I don't think making multiple versions of the map for a different time limit is necessary. I'm certain there's already a plugin most serveme servers use that can override the time. Just leaving this here to save any future upkeep pain.

Last edited:

14bit

aa
Oct 5, 2014
A few of these things I was actually planning on fixing today (lampposts being solid, spawn times being wrong, missing respawnroomvisualizers, etc.), but thank you for taking the time to check it out, and I'll take a look at some of your other suggestions!

The different versions with different timers was an explicit request from the TFConnect organizers for their event, and it's honestly not much work to provide when CompilePal can do multiple maps in a single batch.

Last edited:

14bit

aa
Oct 5, 2014
14bit updated Stonebridge with a new update entry:

A2: A Smoother Experience

• Rebuilt the left spawn exit area
  • The staircases have been flipped, raising the midground by 64hu
  • Changes to the scaffolding on the right spawn exit area
    • A pile of snow has been added to make traversal smoother
    • The scaffolding has been extended to reach the spawn ledge