Stimson

PL Stimson A4

dryerlint

L5: Dapper Member
Mar 28, 2016
Stimson - Payload map taking place in a RED missile-launch facility by the side of a road

BLU is attacking a RED missile-silo facility on the side of a desert road.

theatreTECHIE

Yet another Techie for the net...
aa
Jun 19, 2015
Looking at the screenshots, there's quite possibly too much height variation on the map, as well as long sightlines.
Usually when mapping, you want height variations to not exceed 256 hammer units in most situations.
Try scaling down both the height of the map as well as the length of quite a few of the sightlines.

dryerlint

Mar 28, 2016
Lowered RED spawn so RED players wouldn't take fall damage (except for the last point, where they still have to be careful)

Extended the payload path between point 2 and point 3

Blocked sight-lines

Added a few small huts

Read the rest of this update entry...

RataDeOrdenador

Oct 12, 2015
As far as I can see from the screenshots,your track are just straight lines. There's not any S,30º or small-ish height variation tracks.

Check out Borneo or Upward for those "complex" tracks. It might give this map a little bit more fun,along with helping with the big height variations that happen suddenly.

dryerlint

Mar 28, 2016
The screenshots are a bit outdated, especially the first one. I've added a few side buildings and flank routes in the last update.

You are still correct, however. The tracks are mostly straight lines with sharp curves every once in a while. I will try to look at the maps you suggested and see how they vary their tracks.

Thank you for the feedback!

Sergis

L666: ])oo]v[
aa
Jul 22, 2009
take this
pl_stimson_a40000.jpg

make this
pl_stimson_a40000%20-%20Copy.jpg

see what happens

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
What bothered me most about this map was how labyrinthine Blu's spawn was. Instead of having one spawn with several long corridors and a bunch of different exits that can close and lock with no warning, just have forward spawns that enable when such-and-such point is enabled. (Alternatively you can have shortcuts open and close, kind of like Badwater's Red spawn, but you'd have to plan your layout in advance and that's a little more difficult to do well)

dryerlint

Mar 28, 2016
Muddy, do you mean the RED spawn by any chance? BLU does have a forward spawn.

dryerlint

Mar 28, 2016
I tried to do the Badwater shortcut thing with RED's spawn. They start out with 3 exits, and as BLU caps the points, the first and second exits are locked down. (Also, that's why the 1st point is so close: capping the 1st point will lock down RED's 1st spawn exit, and RED will lose their height advantage)