Sticky door issue

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by MrStump, Aug 29, 2008.

1. MrStump

MrStump L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I followed every tutorial on door making, checked and rechecked that I didn't miss anything or mess up. But still, this problem persists.

I have my doors set with -1 open time so that one person can't "lock the door" but I am still having an issue.

Lets call me Guy 1, and another player on either team Guy 2. Well, Guy 1 will step into the door's trigger and open it. As Guy 1 is moving through the door, Guy 2 enters the trigger area for the door (on his way out).

As Guy 1 exits the door's trigger area, it closes. Right in front of Guy 2. Guy 2 can not open the door unless he steps out of the trigger area and back into it.

Something tells me this is an easy fix, but I am having trouble with it because in order to test out a fix attempt, I need to use a bot or get a friend to get into the door, etc etc etc. It stinks.

Anyone have the fix? It happens on my regular and prop-based door.

2. Username

Username L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    The outputs for the trigger should be "onstarttouchall" and "onendtouchall", or something to that effect. That could be causing your problem.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. bobby1211

bobby1211 L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Maybe play with the "force close" option in the door settings? I believe setting that to no will alleviate your problem.

-Bobby

4. MrStump

MrStump L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Being an idiot is my only problem.

I let Hammer finish my typing for me... "OnEndTouch" is on every one of my doors instead of the ALL.

Thanks for the tip of where to look though.