Sticky Displacements

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
I have made some ground displacements, with varying powers and slopage.

displace.png

displace2.png

The trouble I am having is that in-game, when I traverse over these displacements, I become stuck at seemingly random points. I can only really escape by jumping up, and then it's fine. Trying to get stuck in the same place is quite hard - what's going on? D:

The slopes are not THAT steep... are they?

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
Ah the DW button! Interesting stuff, I do indeed have a few patches here and there, but I can't see any on the displacement in the second image. I need to resize them to make them sew together.. so effectively re-do the displacement.

First time I tried to open my map I got BSOD ):

Anyway, thanks for the help - I shall post again if it's still giving me problems.

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
People have said that the displacement can be exactly half the length of the other displacement to sew - but does it have to line up to the left/right or can it just be pretty loosely anywhere?

Sgt Frag

L14: Epic Member
May 20, 2008
Displacement edges HAVE to line up.

The reason you can have a half meet a whole is that the triangles on them will align at that point.

If it's too hard to align you can always cut the other into pieces so it matches the small one. Displacements are pretty easy for the engine to render so if you have an extra couple to align things it's no big deal.

lucky

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 25, 2009
Okay thank you, my displacements seem to be working nicely now :)
They are starting to actually be fun to use now!

One more thing, what does the DA button do? Mouse-over doesn't seem to make it say anything, and I can't notice any differences within my views..