Our servers are now running a Steam Workshop rotation, if you'd like your map to be considered for inclusion on our rotation, post in the rotation discussion thread

Or, if you just want to play some of the best community maps the Workshop has to offer, you can join our servers by clicking these links:

Steam Workshop Rotation

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Geit, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Geit

aa Geit 💜 I probably broke it 💜

Positive Ratings:
    Our servers are now using Steam Workshop rotations when they're not being used for Impromptus or Gamedays.

The current rotation is:
    You can subscribe to all the maps in our rotation using the workshop collection I've made here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=635101216
    If you have a map on the workshop that's of reasonable quality, or is trending on the workshop and people need a place to play it, post in this thread and I'll review it and get it added to our rotation.

We'd also be obliged if you could sneak in a steam://connect/eu.tf2maps.net (USA: steam://connect/usa.tf2maps.net ) link into your map description somewhere to give the server some advertising. ;)

As usual, suggestions welcome!

• Like Like x 11
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2016
  2. Consistent

Consistent L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I am working on a Mannpower map I made friends with a server host that is willing to host it!
    SOO if any of you mappers want to make some mannpower maps let me know I will load it on this server for now!

My goal is to find enough people willing to make mannpower map and just host a custom map server myself or tf2maps to host this sever.
    I love mannpower mode the 3 Maps on valve servers were not cutting it for me so here I am mapping!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jethro

Jethro MUSty Complainer

Positive Ratings:
    Problem with Mannpower maps, afaik, is that it's not easy to switch to Mannpower mode in the same rotation as other maps.

4. Flower_Shop_Guy

aa Flower_Shop_Guy ♪ ------------ ♫ ------------ ♪

Positive Ratings:
    pl_eclipse

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  5. Geit

Positive Ratings:
    US Server is now also running the same rotation, had to wait till gameday finished.

Thanks to E-Arkham and Yrr for adding a plug on their map descriptions already <3.

Sorted.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  6. Pocket

aa Pocket I can fix it!

Positive Ratings:
    How does this work, as far as local copies? In the server list, they're actually listed as "workshop/[nameofmap].ucg[andsomenumbers]"... do I need to be subscribed to the maps in order to access the server, or will it just forcibly download another copy of maps I already have?

7. Geit

Positive Ratings:
    Yes, It stores another copy if you already have them, no you don't need to be subscribed to the maps to join the server, it works just like a normal server if that's the case.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Geit

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  9. EArkham

aa EArkham Necromancer

Positive Ratings:
    What happens if the workshop version is different than the tf2maps version?

I upload from a packed but uncompressed version of my maps to the workshop, but rather than subscribing to my own map and then downloading the compressed version, moving it, and then uploading that to tf2maps, I just make another one and upload that instead.

Probably the wrong way to do it in any case, so I guess I should start doing it differently from now on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Geit

Positive Ratings:
    I don't believe workshop maps can ever conflict with "real" maps you've installed (they're stored in separate folders on both the server and the client), so any method of releasing your maps should be fine.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Leaf_It

aa Leaf_It

Positive Ratings:
    Would it be possible to have non-workshop showcase maps added to the rotation? I ask because some maps, like Zinkenite aren't on the workshop, and there creator's aren't active anymore. I don't have my own server, and I've never seen that map, and several others, on any custom server. I didn't even know it existed before I made my account here.

12. hutty

hutty L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
  13. killohurtz

aa killohurtz

Positive Ratings:
    Zinkenite can't be uploaded to the workshop, let alone become official, because its creator is under a non-compete agreement with another developer.

14. CommodoreBluth

CommodoreBluth L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah it's too bad that happened before he finished it, Zinkenite still needed some work but I would of loved to see it (and it's assets) go official.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Grubzer

Grubzer L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
  16. Muddy

aa Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Geit

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. MrWhite007

MrWhite007 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
  19. iiboharz

aa iiboharz meme supreme

Positive Ratings:
    This is not the place, get it tested in either a gameday or an impromptu test. The latter of which can be attended by joining our Steam group chat.

20. MrWhite007

MrWhite007 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I would still like it considered for rotation, if it's possible to have mannpower maps in your rotation. It has been tested. It's just that I'm always looking for as much feedback as I can get.