Steam Team Fortress 2 Mappers Chat group.

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by DJive, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    Guys we can not say how sorry we are for the vulgar, horrible spam that is going on.

For the 20 or so i chat you know that we have no control over it right now, however for the 300+ online NOT in the chat room and for the 751 TOTAL members who are not in the chat room and are seeing this foul, racist, sexist, terribly awful things that are being spammed in announcements right now We are so very, very sorry.

We hope to have this Situated soon in one way or another and please take this apology that we are working on this ASAP to remedy the situation.

:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

EDIT: All it taken care off. VERY sorry again =(

• Thanks Thanks x 6
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  2. Vigilante212

Vigilante212 L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    I left the group for now please inform us when its fixed I couldnt stand it any longer.

3. Rootbeerz

Rootbeerz L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I find it mildly astonishing people can get their jollies off by spamming vulgar and racial slurs like mad. I guess it just shows us who we shouldn't come into contact with.

4. Rootbeerz

Rootbeerz L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Permissions Change - June 4th @ 10:14pm - group permissions were changed by Immortal-D

5. Sel

Sel Banned

Positive Ratings:
    oh its fixed

6. Rexy

aa Rexy The Kwisatz Haderach

Positive Ratings:
    Lol, it's alright. I logged off of steam. Just goes to show how a little anonymity can take advantage of something really good and decent.

7. The Political Gamer

aa The Political Gamer

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks ID for fixing it.

8. Armadillo of Doom

aa Armadillo of Doom Group Founder, Lover of Pie

Positive Ratings:
    My sincerest apologies :( Long story short, one of our donors was asking this afternoon why they could create events here, and not make a quick announcement in the Steam group. So I changed the permissions to allow group members to create new events. I honestly didn't imagine that we would see this kind of abuse, and so quickly at that. Again, my apologies to everyone who had to put up w/ this nonsense, and props to our staff for jumping on the issue.

• Thanks Thanks x 11
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.