Steam screenshots kinda broken for anyone else ?

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I dunno. My resolution is 1920x1080 and my screens get shrunk to 1080x1080. Sounds like a bug.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
I end up with two screenshots each time I take one: a jpg and a targa. The jpg is 1600x900... don't remember what size the targa were because I deleted the few I took already to keep the folder neat. Heh.

Are you uploading to the community as jpg or tga?

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
I dunno. Originally I had both the Steam screenshots and the in game screenshots bound to F5; there was a weird reason I did this but I don't remember. But after the update it started taking 2 instead of one (I think because they tied the TF2 screenshotting to the Steam screenshotting?) so I removed the Steam one and now I get this.

Apr 13, 2009
I dunno. Originally I had both the Steam screenshots and the in game screenshots bound to F5; there was a weird reason I did this but I don't remember. But after the update it started taking 2 instead of one (I think because they tied the TF2 screenshotting to the Steam screenshotting?) so I removed the Steam one and now I get this.

Yeah I noticed that although I have a different key for Steam screenshots and ingame screenshots, attempting to take a in-game screenshots also makes a Steam screenshot anyway. Weird.
I unbound my Steam screenshots shortcut. Problem seems to have solved itself somehow as today's screenshots now display at the right size..

Last edited: