Steam sales 2011

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fr0Z3nR, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Yea, its that thread. the one thread someone ends up making at some point during the steal sale-a-thon. The thread were people can show off what they are getting and discuss if prices are good, bad, or ridiculous.

Personally, I hope the ME Pack is on sale for more than a day, don't want to pick it up right away, I want to see what other things go on sale (I'm limiting myself to 40-50$ max)

I'll be looking into magicka, Crysis (too bad C2 isn't up), DiRT3, Dragon age, and god knows how many indie games... Possibly fable 3 or Civ5 ... though i've never played any of the Civ Games... I have a nice deep (and incomplete) wishlist to dive into with.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  2. REEJ

REEJ L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Every steam sale like this, is a reminder to me, saying:
    "YOU SHOULD GET A JOB"

I'd get Dirt3 if it gone super cheap, if not I'll just go and play some tf2 to forget about it.
    Edit: and fallout 3 (YES I HAVEN'T PLAYED IT YET)

3. StickZer0

aa StickZer0 💙💙💃💙💙

Positive Ratings:
    I bought Oblivion seeing as I've always been intrigued by it, but I can't actually download it for a while because of this stupid 40gb monthly cap. At least I have it for when I CAN get it >.>

4. Fr0Z3nR

Positive Ratings:
    Fallout I haven't played yet either...

You could say your waiting for Dirt to be.... dirt cheap...

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  5. littleedge

aa littleedge L1111: Clipping Guru

Positive Ratings:
    I don't get paid for another, like, week or two. And even then it's only, like, 60 dollars. Maybe 40. So I can't do much :/

6. REEJ

REEJ L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

7. Tom Hoen

Tom Hoen L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Now this is cheap! 44€ for so many valve games I don't even want to count. :O

Just bought borderlands GOTY edition 4-pack for 37,45€, altought I have the original in my bookshelf and playet it throught twice.

8. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    The Summer Shades are a reference to this video but no one in chat seems to find it as hilarious as I do. The end is the best.

9. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    I feel tempted to get Just Cause 2, but I am increasingly aware that buying games is more of an investment in a hypothetical future in which I can be bothered to play anything besides Team Fortress 2 and Minecraft. I think there are more games in my Steam library that I haven't finished than ones I have.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Fr0Z3nR

Positive Ratings:
    At the moment, I'm looking at Bioshock, and ME 1 (or the ME pack)... that puts me at ~50 dollars...

11. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
    Quit Yo Whinin', i get twelve quid this month.

I did buy braid, because it was £1.75. Looking speculatively at splinter cell and Rainbow Six Vegas.

SO ACCURATE

I have a category in my steam library labelled unfinished, and i am so ashamed of how huge it is i've been desperately tring to find excuses to move games into others.

12. Fr0Z3nR

Positive Ratings:
    So today's sales are great...

going to pick up PvZ... maybe Bioshock 2 and Bioshock 1.

EDIT: Bioshock 1 and 2 on sale, 5 bucks each. CAN NOT RESIST

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  13. Bockagon

Bockagon L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Just bought Bioshock 1 and 2 :D

I might get Spacechem and maybe Just Cause. Hmmmm

14. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    Braid is incredible, anyone who still hasn't played it should get it

Personally I'm waiting for MtG 2012 to be on sale, and a friend got me Dungeons yesterday because I was beta tester for it

15. LeSwordfish

Positive Ratings:
    Ok, so i got Beyond Good And Evil- i've been meaning to for a while. And whilst i'd never heard of Ben There, Dan That, or Time Gentlemen Please, they were 75p between them, so who cares if they suck?

16. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Bought a friend Bioshock and Bioshock 2 the other day because I actually do still feel guilty getting the original for only $5 only to have it turn out to be pretty much a masterpiece.

Today I'll be getting Monday Night Combat (hopefully the sale and achievement will get other people to play it), Deus Ex (because it always gets cited as an example of brilliant writing in games, or somesuch), and Call of Duty 4 (because Yahtzee actually loved it and made a point of mentioning that it's weird for him to love a game, especially one about war).

17. Hanz

aa Hanz Ravin' Rabbid

Positive Ratings:
    Yay just bought Mass Effect 1 and 2, finally some new games. :)

18. Fr0Z3nR

Positive Ratings:
    I'm buying Mass effect 1, but not 2. I have Bioshock 1 and 2 to play, and with ME 1, I should be covered til christmas.

19. LeSwordfish

Positive Ratings:
    I picked up the original Splinter Cell, since back when i was bad at gaming i enjoyed it a ton and never got very far, so i'm giving it another try.

20. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    I purchased DoW Retribution. 50% off. About 14 squid that is. Was good for that much but i would never have paid more for what is basically an expansion pack. All the maps are the same, it's like they didn't even have a level design team anymore and the campaign is exactly the same campaign for each race but with different dialogue and play styles.

Was tempted to get Dead Rising 2 and C&C at 80% off but i wasn't sure if i'd actually play them unless i was reeeaaaally bored.