Steam Messaging in Hammer

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by BigBros, Dec 15, 2014.

1. BigBros

BigBros L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Does anyone have a way that allows Steam messages to display over the top of Hammer.exe? As I have it open from steam, it attempts to open the steam overlay, but does it badly, meaning I don't ever see any Steam Messages, or hear them. Is there something I can do to allow the Steam Messages to display over?

Thanks, BigBros

Also, after seeing the rating system for threads, just an FYI, to me the medals on the white pane that comes up look sort of like drumsticks. #whathasbeenseencannotbeunseen

2. Freyja

aa Freyja ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Positive Ratings:
    Don't open it through steam. Then the toasts will pop up in the lower corner over the top like any other application.

3. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    If you still want to show off in Steam, that you are mapping, open another programm with Steam and call that one Hammer :p

4. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    It'll then have all the pop ups through that window though, not the hammer window, afaik.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Moonfixer

Moonfixer L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    A notification that you are in hammer would be a neat idea IMO. That way I won't look so silly popping in and out of tf2 to test out changes to my map.

6. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    I personally just still open the Source SDK launcher like we used to load Hammer through and then open hammer separately through the usual 'new' method. I still get all my pop ups over Hammer itself, it lets people know when I'm mapping, and I even got to keep tracking my time in-hammer via the SDK.

7. wareya

wareya L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Disable overlay?