Steam Messaging in Hammer

BigBros

L3: Member
Aug 20, 2014
Does anyone have a way that allows Steam messages to display over the top of Hammer.exe? As I have it open from steam, it attempts to open the steam overlay, but does it badly, meaning I don't ever see any Steam Messages, or hear them. Is there something I can do to allow the Steam Messages to display over?

Thanks, BigBros

Also, after seeing the rating system for threads, just an FYI, to me the medals on the white pane that comes up look sort of like drumsticks. #whathasbeenseencannotbeunseen

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Don't open it through steam. Then the toasts will pop up in the lower corner over the top like any other application.

Mar 23, 2013
If you still want to show off in Steam, that you are mapping, open another programm with Steam and call that one Hammer :p

Moonfixer

L5: Dapper Member
Aug 23, 2014
A notification that you are in hammer would be a neat idea IMO. That way I won't look so silly popping in and out of tf2 to test out changes to my map.

Crash

func_nerd
aa
Mar 1, 2010
I personally just still open the Source SDK launcher like we used to load Hammer through and then open hammer separately through the usual 'new' method. I still get all my pop ups over Hammer itself, it lets people know when I'm mapping, and I even got to keep tracking my time in-hammer via the SDK.