Steam keeps purging my server browser

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by Pocket, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Has this been happening to anyone else? Every few months or so, my Favorites and History tab in the server browser will just get wiped for no reason, and I have to hunt down and favorite servers all over again.

2. radarhead

aa radarhead Hands out ratings like cheap cigars

Positive Ratings:
    My favorites list seemed to have emptied recently, but it turns out I just had "supports replays" checked.

3. worMatty

aa worMatty Repacking Evangelist

Positive Ratings:
    It happens to me occasionally. Seems to be something to do with switching between TF2 on Windows and Mac OS, for me. Like the cached copy is being corrupted, and Steam Cloud is using it to overwrite the cloud version, therefore wiping my favourites?

4. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    I gave up on Favourites and History in the server browser years ago. Shit's broken as heck.

5. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    well I mean Current Players in the steam overlay has been broken since 2010, so it doesn't surprise me that this has never gotten fixed

gee if only Valve had some sort of offsite bug tracking system that's available to the general public

that any of them actually visit

6. Auwi

aa Auwi Certified in best in fun

Positive Ratings:
    I don't think my server favorites have been wiped for a long time, I still have servers in my favorites I played on in 2012. I should probably remove them actually

7. Bunbun

aa Bunbun Gay sex slave

Positive Ratings:
    Sometimes they my Favorited servers appear, sometimes they don't.