Model Static Well Door

Yoda12999

L1: Registered
Oct 16, 2010
I have a couple of Well's doors permanently open within my map and would like to replace them with static props due to the usual advantages of static props. If someone would be so kind as to either create a static version of the open door or create a static version of the open door with the rails that would be wonderful.

T

The Asylum

You're talking about the garage doors, right? If that's the case I don't see why you can't just have the frame and the door as separate static props

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Can't you set static props to be a fixed frame in one of the animations? Just set it to the open animation. I'm pretty sure it's a tab, like "flags" and 'visgroups?

Yoda12999

L1: Registered
Oct 16, 2010
The Asylum said:
You're talking about the garage doors, right? If that's the case I don't see why you can't just have the frame and the door as separate static props

As I said, I'd be happy either way.

Aly said:
Can't you set static props to be a fixed frame in one of the animations? Just set it to the open animation. I'm pretty sure it's a tab, like "flags" and 'visgroups?

That's what I originally thought, but because the model wasn't compiled to be a static prop the prop is removed during compile.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
See, this is exactly why we need a prop_static_override. How hard could it be? A prop_dynamic or prop_physics already has all the elements necessary to make a functional static prop in it, but because there isn't a specific flag set, Source refuses to do it.