Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by re1wind, Jan 6, 2013.
i like the doorways, but a part of me feels the final CP should be in the centre of the stargate to provide some interesting cover.
Your high ground could also use some cover. There seem to be adequite rocks breaking LoS on the low ground but your highground is incredibly bare.
Is this 3CP?
I want this answered.
Also, those rocks in the mid are horrendous and should be destroyed.
yes, it is 3cp map: 3cp instead of the usual 5. Probably better suited for koth gamestyle due to the small map size and nothing is stopping me from creating that type at a later date.
a1 finished and uploaded.
No forward spawn (serious)
skybox displacement causing shadows behind a stargate (minor)
No trigger_hurt in the world beyond the stargate (serious)
some darker-than-intended corners and areas (medium)
lack of signs every 10 feet (minor)
insufficient health and ammo around the final capture points. (serious)
placeholder active stargate texture that will MELT YOU EYES. (medium)
aka not really ready for a proper test but go ahead and tear the map apart while i go warm up.
As someone who really enjoys the style and setting of (vanilla) TF2, I dislike the modern sci-fi vibe of this map's theme. That being said, the geometry of that mid looks fun as butts!
I agree about the scifi part. will think about how to make it spytech friendly later on.
a1 re-uploaded because i'm a lazy bastard.
preliminary changelog for a2:
- respawn times changed from 12 to 8 (max respawn time is ~16 seconds, with captured middle is ~12 seconds)
- middle cap time changed from 7 to 6 (2 players required)
- final point cap time changed from 5 to 4 (1 player required)
- rebuilt much of the middle area
- moved the two stargates around a bit. Stargates lead to a frozen (under) world. think viaduct_event teleport
- changed spawn angles so that the second spawn exit door is more visible
- all stairs correctly clipped (missed one on red side)
-nobuild applied on the water.
- changed metal & health pickups
- mid point placed on a stone bridge, with health underneath.
- areas under ramps are not player clipped, are excellent hiding places for spies, etc.
- moving and rotating the spawn points may have given one side a small distance advantage over the other side.
- no hints, areaportals, etc. raw vvis compile so pvs is sub-optimal. shouldn't cause framerate issue due to alpha stage
- Might be too much health/ammo on the map.
-too many particles warning, need a more refined lighting solution at some later point. may or may not cause performance issues.
- many of the info_particle_systems can be miss-aligned with regard to their models. all feedback about this will be ignored.
- no forward spawn (get 2-4 seconds faster respawn when holding middle, less moving around for engineers in theory, greater benefit for having teleporters).
- Areas around final caps are still flat and boring, although layout has changed slightly due to moving stargates around.
preliminary change list for a5 (from a4 which was tested in an impromptu today)
- increased respawn wave time from 7.5 to 8 for both teams
- increased the respawn bonus for capturing mid from 2 seconds to 4 seconds
- increased the middle control point time from 6 to 8 seconds [number of players to cap = 2 ]
- added nobuilds around the stairs by the stargates to avoid powerful sentry positions.
- added a nobuild on the cap point models
- added alcoves around the middle cap and shuffled the pickups around.
- tweaked the sloping sand flank to be less accessible to the enemy
reworked parts of the middle area, added ramps and reduced sightlines somewhat.
Separate names with a comma.