Standin (KOTH)

KotH Standin (KOTH) _a2b

Katsu! :3

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
Katsu! :3 submitted a new resource:

Standin (KOTH) - I have no fucking idea what I'm doing

I got inspired to create this today from a conversation that spurred up about Standin. This is my first mapping project that's actually gotten to a playable state, so I hope you can enjoy it for what it is.

I'm well-aware that this is a rather small layout for what's supposed to be a KOTH map, and I fully expect comments critiquing that. I'm hoping that this version of Standin will find that sort of niche that players like about Harvest and Nucleus, but with a more linear layout.

Main...

Read more about this resource...

Lacry

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 25, 2019
You know, some time ago I thought of doing a smissmas version of Standin, but changing the gamemode to Special Delivery, and then doing the the same with Doomsday, changing it to CP Domination, I'm not sure if it's a good idea though.

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
Would it be possible to keep all three points, but only have one of them active every round? I set up something similar a few years back for my arena map Roxanne by (if I'm recalling this correctly) having multiple team_control_point_round entities with the same priority value, making the game randomly shuffle between them.

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
...No, I uh... I just want koth_standin. Idek how to program a normal KOTH point correctly evidently, let alone whatever you're suggesting

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
Katsu! :3 updated Standin (KOTH) with a new update entry:

a2a

Thanks to the wonderful @Tiftid, the map actually has working logic now! Here's the changelog.

- Fixed the King of the Hill timer not working correctly.
- Overhauled the lighting; Everything is now much more visually distinct from cp_standin.
- Optimized the hell out of the map. Filesize was 25MB, now is 9MB.

(Please give all the kudos to Tiftid on these changes, I have no idea how he did them but they're great. Love em!)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Veteran Cat
aa
Jul 30, 2021
Katsu! :3 updated Standin (KOTH) with a new update entry:

A2B - The Darkness Update

-Rethemed the map to nighttime because it was really ugly before (especially after I changed the sunlight to be green-ish)
-Properly deleted A and C (rip)
-VVIS takes a single second now though

-Adjusted cover leading up to the control point to better separate close-range and long-range combat
-Added tons more health and ammo leading up to the control point so being an attacker sucks less
-
Don't tell anyone but the point building might be slowly turning into the one from...

Read the rest of this update entry...

(Patch notes & Update by Tiftid!)

Last edited: