CTF Square A1

a Halloween theme CTF map

1. Messing Around

Messing Around L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Square - a Halloween theme CTF map

An experimental CTF map, with Halloween theme

As a fan of CTF mode in general, I'm kinda disappointed in how it works in TF2, and trying to "improve" the mode with this map

(Screenshots are a lil bit dark, but actually the map is pretty bright)

Overview
    [​IMG]

Spawnroom, with a teleporter leads to Supply room
    [​IMG]

Supply room, with a teleporter leads to Spawnroom
    [​IMG]

Courtyard down the spawn room
    [​IMG]

Connected to Middle area and Hallways
    [​IMG]

Hallway
    [​IMG]

Waiting room, connected to Intel room
    [​IMG]

Intel room (behind it is the Supply room)
    [​IMG]

edit: so the map is pretty bright because i changed the brightness level in my game to the highest

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  2. Kapanyo

Kapanyo L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I have to say, I love what you've done with architecture and height variation! The Intel room looks like it would be fun just to jump around in.
    I do think the outside area looks rather small from what I'm seeing, but I'm unable to play it currently so can't say.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. basilhs333

basilhs333 L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    looks neat! just try not to make the mistake other ctf maps did like the intel would get filled with sentry guns and stuff and i would be unfun to play on. i think the best option is to add a nobuild trigger around there so intel is not impossible to capture and maybe lower the intel return timer by half or even more. for example instead of returning to it's original place in 1 minute it returnes in 20 seconds.
    anyway i hope i helped you a bit and i hope i can see this map in scream fortress update one day

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Respectfully Disagree Respectfully Disagree x 1
  4. Messing Around

Messing Around L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    i want people to focus on the intel area than fighting outside, so I made it big just enough to run around

well you just can't stop Engineer from doing what he's supposed to do, but i've made sure sentry can't be overpowered,
    by increase the size of the intel room, with multiple paths to get into, and each team spawn is separated from the intel, easier to get into and keep the pressure on the Engis

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. basilhs333

Positive Ratings:
    thats great news!
    i can't lie i am an engineer main so in order to suggest something like nobuild is kinda annoying but still it prevents engineers from spamming sentries , but if you did what you are saying then well done.
    i just hope intel doesn't get filled with sentries like 2fort or landfall cause that ruins the fun and i think we can all agree with this.
    anyway good luck with the map and i hope it plays well.

6. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    General rule: only use nobuild where players will actually think they aren't able to build but for some reason are. What you keep suggesting isn't fixing the fun, it's ruining it for another part of players.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. basilhs333

Positive Ratings:
    i dont disagree with any of what you are saying. i am just suggesting an option which is nobuild on intel.
    i suggest this because 10 sentries on intel is no fun and you need to encourage the little free 2 play gibus engineers to try and concider moving that gear up for the first time and try to help their team for once instead of sitting in a corner and constantly hitting their sentry with the wrence one million times.