Spud Lord's DuskTillDawn Soundscapes

Spud Lord's DuskTillDawn Soundscapes V1

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
Spud Lord's DuskTillDawn Soundscapes - Geothermal soundscapes used in my Dusk Till Dawn entry.

I created these soundscapes due to a lack of nighttime jungle soundscapes for use in my Dusk Till Dawn contest entry. Decided to release these as at least a few people liked the sound in that map, and I figured someone might get some use out of these and I need an excuse to not work on my other projects. The ZIP contains... probably a lot more soundscapes than were actually necessary for my entry, in hindsight. Probably 20 at least. Also a lava bubbling sound I found online (credits below) and modified to work in a soundscape, all in the proper file structure.

Installation and use instructions, as well as a list of soundscapes and a description of each, are at the top of the soundscapes file, in /geothermal_soundscapes/scripts/soundscapes_geothermal.txt. You are free to modify and redistribute the contents of this ZIP. Crediting me would be nice but is not required.

"geothermal\lava_flow_loop02.wav" (included in this download) was clipped from a sound effect created by Audionautics and published on freesound.org under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license (CC BY 3.0); I am releasing my modification under the same license. In addition to clipping the sound, the file has been modified to function as a looping sound in the Source engine. All other sounds referenced by the soundscapes file are from Team Fortress 2 and are courtesy of Valve.

While these can be used directly in a map, Basic Soundscapes are not meant to be used directly; these exist primarily as a basis to be referenced and mixed together to form the Complex Soundscapes.

Geothermal.Jungle: Ambient nighttime jungle sounds with occasional animal sounds.
Position 0: Frog croaking.

Geothermal.Wind: Heavy wind sounds.

Geothermal.Ravine: Deep rumbling sounds.

Geothermal.Lava: Loud rumbling and deep wind sounds, and bubbling lava.

Geothermal.Machines: Soft, distant machine rumbling with machine positional sounds.
Position 1: Rumbling machine.
Position 2: Light humming machine.
Position 3: Idle rumbling machine.

Geothermal.Inside: Indoor ambience.

Geothermal.LightHum: Light hum positional sound. Yeah, that's literally it. Don't judge me.
Position 4: Fluorescent light humming.

Geothermal.Computers: Computer positional sounds.
Position 5: Computers beeping and whirring.
These soundscapes mix together the various basic soundscapes for more complex ambience.

Geothermal.JungleMachineHum: Jungle and wind sounds with a fan positional sound.
Position 1: Fan whirring.

Geothermal.MiniGarage: Partially muffled jungle sounds with a faint fan positional sound.
Position 1: Fan whirring.

Geothermal.RavineUpper: Ravine and wind sounds with fading jungle sounds.

Geothermal.RavineLower: Ravine, wind, and lava sounds.

Geothermal.MineRavine: Ravine and lava sounds slightly muffled.

Geothermal.FacilityOutsideJungle: Jungle sounds with muffled machines and faint wind and computer sounds.

Geothermal.FacilityOutsideJungleWind: Jungle and wind sounds with muffled machines and faint computer sounds.

Geothermal.FacilityOutsideJungleDistant: Wind sounds with slightly softer jungle sounds, muffled machines, and faint computer sounds.
Position 1: Rumbing machine.

Geothermal.FacilityOutsideBalcony: Distant jungle, wind, machines, and faint computer sounds.

Geothermal.FacilityInside: Machines and indoor ambience.

Geothermal.FacilityInsideJungleDistant: Machines and indoor ambience with faint jungle sounds.

Geotheraml.FacilityParking: Machines and indoor ambience with faint wind.

Geothermal.FacilityParkingJungleDistant: Machines and indoor ambience with muffled jungle and wind sounds.

Geothermal.FacilityParkingRavineDistant: Machines and indoor ambience with muffled wind and ravine sounds and faint jungle sounds.

Geothermal.FacilityInsideRavineDistant: Machines and indoor ambience with muffled ravine and lava sounds.

Last edited: