KotH Sprout

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Faux Rhinoceros, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Faux Rhinoceros

aa Faux Rhinoceros Also known as Dr. Element

Positive Ratings:
    Twas supposed to be my entry for the STAR_ contest, but my creativity ran out midways *sigh*

Here it is tho:
    The Sproutworks microbial power plant!
    Imagine a bacteria that can turn any kind of matter into electric energy. This is exactly what this facility houses, and as this is a powerful resource, BLU and RED have both scoped in on it.

Jungle theme assets by Heyo.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  2. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    I have to say Dr. Element, ever since cp_sludge you have REALLY improved a lot. Well done.

The only thing I have to say is that the lower area might not be used often, since it is a lower area, with not too much cover. But can't really tell for sure without seeing some gameplay.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Faux Rhinoceros

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks frozen ;)
    Gotta start somewhere to end elsewhere - and it has been an interesting journey so far.

About the lower route - well, I tried spicing it up with some pickups. Hopefully that'll do the trick.

4. Jyyst

Jyyst L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Mid looks very open with those fences. Having some sort of building in their place might be better.

That acid looks like some weird pudding :p

5. Faux Rhinoceros

Positive Ratings:
    The middle area doesn't look nearly as big an open in-game. I doubt i could get buildings to fit into the space there :p
    Can try to take a shot from the point.

And the pool isn't acid this time. It is electro-synthesizing bacteria :D

6. Prestige

aa Prestige im not gay anymore

Positive Ratings:
    the mid area looks really well scaled. semi-worried about sightlines and the lower area but looks like a good start so far.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Faux Rhinoceros

Positive Ratings:
    Had to do a little emergency fix for tomorrows gameday. No new screenies yet.

8. ForbiddenDonut

aa ForbiddenDonut

Positive Ratings:
    I hate that acid texture. I hate it. I hate looking at it. I just wish it would delete itself from the texture list.

Anyways, be careful about making a KotH map where one side holds a greater height distance than the other. The general outcome is that the upper-route will always be usable and the lower route just kinda becomes useless. I'm sure there's a way to balance it out, but you'll have to experiment with it.

Otherwise, looks good for an alpha, Dr. Element.

9. Faux Rhinoceros

Positive Ratings:
    I do plan on making a custom texture for that sometimes. Not quite sure what electric bacteria would look like, but hell :p

And i agree with the higher/lower route thingy, and this will definitely be the first thing i want to balance.

10. GPuzzle

GPuzzle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I think it would look like... water with a smooth color, like lemon juice (put color here) and some kind of weird thing floating on it. Connected to a battery.

11. Faux Rhinoceros

Positive Ratings:
    Allrighty, I've been running a bit around as some different classes, and tried to place the pickups better. I also removed the deathpit from the lower area, and placed a building there. The upper route have gotten the area that faces the point lowered, so normal classes can't retreat back into the buildings on the high ground after charging onto the point.

Other changes so far includes toxic water that looks way more like bacteria infested water,a tiny bit of trimming work and removal of some cover that is no longer necessary.

I shall see whether I can provide an update within the next two days ;)

12. Faux Rhinoceros

Positive Ratings:
  13. SyntheticSauce

SyntheticSauce L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    The addition of the building seems well but there isnt really a good picture of what is going on inside?
    Do the two enterances on the side lead to a stair case to the path the point? or do they make a hall way to the other side of the map? A height advantages there was much needed though.

14. Melvin D Engineere

Melvin D Engineere L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Faux Rhinoceros

Positive Ratings: