Spotlights not casting light

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Shanghai, May 28, 2013.

1. Shanghai

Shanghai L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    So I've been working on a new map, and I have a couple of lights that are doing nothing for some reason. When compiled, they look like this:
    [​IMG]
    They're getting no light on the walls or floor. They do light models (the viewmodels at least) properly though. Here they are in Hammer:
    [​IMG]
    Thoughts, ideas, etc.?

2. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Try moving them down; their origins might be stuck inside the props. They kinda look like they might be.

3. Crash

aa Crash func_nerd

Positive Ratings:
    Steve is most likely correct. We had the same problem with Stoneyridge at one point. Compiling with staticproppolys took care of it, though, if you don't want to move the spotlights down.

4. Burnout6010

Burnout6010 L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Switching the shadows off on the props could work while still compiling on normal ^^

5. Shanghai

Positive Ratings:
    I tried moving the spots down, but it didn't do anything. I also tried compiling without the shadows on the props, still no change.

6. Spacek531

Spacek531 L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    it sorta looks like a leak to me.

7. Shanghai

Positive Ratings:
    Alright so I fixed this before A1 and I figured I'd update the thread just for the sake of closure
    The light entities were inside the bounding boxes of those rafter models, and thus weren't casting any light. I turned off shadows on the rafters and then everything was fine.