ARENA Spiral [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FortyTwo

L2: Junior Member
Mar 5, 2016
Spiral - A spiral layout with randomise effect

An arena map with a unique layout by having spiral paths. It also contains a random effect every time a new game is played.

This map was made for the 7.2 hours contest for the layout entry

FortyTwo

L2: Junior Member
Mar 5, 2016
I thought that I would make a small commentary-ish post since that this map had been played once and i've seen a demo of it. idk if that is something that people want to see it. I'm also always taking feedback to this map.

A lot of people seem to hate/confuse the layout, which is because of how vertical and lots of paths this map have which is kinda the whole point of this map layout. I can't really see how I can relayout the map to make it less confusing while having the spiral and a huge death-pit underneath. Maybe changing the texture of some floor to team coloured might help it a bit. Or maybe they've been playing too much maps with basic & normal layout.

For the randomizer, some people seems to like the ldea of it, and gets some laugh of it, but some people don't like some of the effect. In the testing, they had unlucky got the buggy effect twice in a row making people dislike this map. I'll make the effect not happened twice in the row in the next version, I just don't have enough time to make this while only having 7.2hr. I've more effect ideas to add, but also don't have enough time to make it in only 7.2hr.

Some thoughts on each effect:-
- Crits - It was not played, but i don't see any problem with this effect, maybe it might be annoying if it gets spammy.
- Giants - The buggy effect. This effect also multiples his health 10 times more, which is not really fun. So I've tried to add a damage bonus of 10 times, but it not working, will have to take a look on why it didn't work. It also sets himself to thirdperson which is quite annoying when having lots of walls. I might consider just removing this effect.
- Tiny - It was not played. The only problem that I can see is the thirdperson again, but also the small hitbox. I might consider just removing this effect as well.
- Speed - It was played, and I don't see any problem with this effect. Probably the best and funniest effect of all 6.
- Multiple of 2 - It was not played; this effect might be spammy, similar to the crits effect
- Shake - It was played, and peoples don’t seem to like it or how it shakes. I haven't really done much testing on this. Will do more testing and some adjustment to this effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.