1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

spawning below map floor

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by katana, May 28, 2009.

1. katana

katana L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    ran my log through INT but it said "0 errors" so i'm guessing it's something I'm supposed to build? My guy spawns below the floor, but i can look up and see the simple room. The entity is above the floor bsp. and i have a cube enclosing the map to avoid the leak issue...I thought maybe there was suppose to be a collision built, but none of the tutorials I've been looking at addresses it...they just say "build this wa and run map"...any ideas? thanks for the assistance.

2. Bot190

Bot190 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    You have a spawn location? and its a few units above the floor right?

3. katana

Positive Ratings:
    yes. an info player start entity 1 unit above floor. the height of the room is 256. Grid is default 64. I've also raised it higher than that...where the start is about mid way to the ceiling. And I've used the hollow block technique and the seperate brush building blocks to construct the test room.

4. Earl

Earl L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Post your .vmf, because you're doing something horribly wrong, but it's hard to tell exactly what it is.

5. Artesia

Artesia L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I always put my player starts at least 16 units above the floor

6. Loc_n_lol

Loc_n_lol L10: Glamorous Member

Positive Ratings:
    Use an info_player_teamspawn instead.

7. ChronoTriggerFan

ChronoTriggerFan L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    also needs to be 8+ units above the ground. otherwise source treats them as obsolete.

8. katana

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you...that was it. I guess it's chalked up to another incomplete web tutorial. Now on to importing objects.....

9. Bot190

Bot190 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Yes, Team Fortress 2 uses info_player_teamspawn for spawning, But if you check for errors it says you need an info_player_start.