Spawn Setup not working

Knight-Errant

L3: Member
Mar 12, 2010
Spawn Setup not working [ Resolved ]

Hello :D

EDIT #4:
I'm trying to setup the entity work for my map and I've run into a problem with spawns. Using ABS's prefab, I've set up most of the map. My variation on Dustbowl style CP has Round 2 has have three capture points with a forward spawn for blue and a back spawn for red.

Round 1 works fine. :D

Round 2, is the complication! D:

Because of the need for the change in spawns given the extra CP, I have Red characters sometimes spawning in their finale spawn room. The basic layout for round 2 looks like this:

Spawn 1 (Blu's 1st) - CP 1 - Spawn 2 (Blu's forward) - CP 2 - Spawn 3 (Red's 1st) - CP - Spawn 4 (Red's "Forward").

Upon Capturing Point #2, Blu moves to the forward spawn, and Red moves to their "forward" or final spawn. Blu's forward spawn (#2) works because of the spawn association. Every so often during round 2 set up or during the game play, Red will spawn in their final spawn, its a problem because its a distance I can't see the player traveling. I've attempted disabling to no success and am unsure about how to correctly go about doing this. Association doesn't work correctly correctly because Red already owns the final cap.

Last edited:

Knight-Errant

Mar 12, 2010
I hate to bump this, but it has fallen to the second page without a solution.

Any help would be nice. This is now the only thing that is keeping me back from releasing now. I had thought the issue was resolved but when the Sam & Max update came out, it started acting up on me again.

Thanks in advance.

Fraz

Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.
aa
Dec 28, 2008
Have you tried naming all the spawnpoints one name and disabling them and re-enabling them?

Knight-Errant

Mar 12, 2010
Thanks for the help. It has been solved. Boojum sent me an IM over steam to solve the problem and it worked. I haven't seen it crop up since I play tested it with the bots. Should hopefully work come testing as well.