Spawn point-related help needed.

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by 404UNF, Apr 13, 2012.

1. 404UNF

404UNF No longer a "TF2 Beta/Cut Content Historian".

Positive Ratings:
    I'm working on a simple 2-spawn-point screenshot map for taking screenshots of reskins I've done and uploaded on GameBanana.

By "2-spawn-point", I mean there are two spawn points in the map. One is for RED, one is for BLU.

I've already set up two func_respawnroom's (one for RED, one for BLU), and put two info_player_teamspawn's (one for RED, one for BLU) inside their respective func_respawnroom area.

The map itself is a box, about 400 x 400 x 400, and features a spot light pointing at the BLU spawn area which is close to a wall (not too close though, I've made sure that the bots can spawn there with no issues)

Now here's my problem. I'm using this map with the "itemtest" command. The command works as it should, and I can spawn bots into this map, but for some reason, the bots that I spawn on BLU when I'm on the RED team, end up spawning inside of me, aka they spawn in the designated "RED" respawn area, as opposed to where they are supposed to spawn

How do I fix this? Here's an overview of my map. It uses the logic_auto and other things from the actual itemtest map, though I did have to manually create the tf_gamerules entity because the decompiled itemtest map I had was missing that entity for some reason.

Click image to view fullsize
    [​IMG]

2. 404UNF

Positive Ratings:
    Hate to do this, buuuut....I'm bumping this.

Is this issue caused by only having one spawn point per team, or something? Because all I need is one spawn-point for RED, and one for BLU.

I've been trying to solve the issue with BLU bots spawned with the "itemtest" command, spawning in the RED spawn area since last night, to no avail.

3. Deodorant

Deodorant L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I got a problem with RED players spawning only in BLU spawns, and got told that it's a thing that occasionally happens for no apparent reason. I deleted the BLU player spawn entities and rebuilt them, and now it works fine. Try doing the same thing.

4. 404UNF

Positive Ratings:
    I'll try that right now.

5. 404UNF

Positive Ratings:
    Just rebuilt both spawn rooms, started the game up, spawned a BLU Sniper using the "itemtest" command, and the Sniper spawned in the RED area (basically spawned right inside me so it looked like a Scout and a Sniper were stuck together).