Spawn point not working

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Umbya Shpee, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Umbya Shpee

Umbya Shpee L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    So I am 80 percent done my map when suddenly after 2 hours of tweaking I put a spawn point but it doesn't work. It instead showed the half life hammer model as shown below please tell me how to resolve the problem.

[​IMG]

2. Flower_Shop_Guy

aa Flower_Shop_Guy ♪ ------------ ♫ ------------ ♪

Positive Ratings:
    Does the info_player_teamspawn entity touches the brushes? Also instal the ABS's pack if you want to se non-vanilla entities in hammer.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  3. theatreTECHIE

aa theatreTECHIE Yet another Techie for the net...

Positive Ratings:
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. killohurtz

aa killohurtz Distinction in Applied Carving

Positive Ratings:
    When asking for help, please provide more information about your problem, like what was happening before, and what entity you placed. That way, people don't have to guess when trying to give you a solution.

I'm going to assume you were using ABS's pack since you apparently aren't used to seeing the HL2 spawn model. The correct spawn entity to use in TF2 is info_player_teamspawn (not info_player_start, which shares the same HL2 model). info_player_teamspawn will work whether it looks like the Engineer or not. If it suddenly stopped looking like an Engineer, you may have to reinstall ABS's pack.

• Agree Agree x 2