Spawn bug delaying alpha release

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Kill_the_Bug, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Kill_the_Bug

Kill_the_Bug L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    Ok I've gone between :woot:, :confused:, :mad:, :cursing: to :crying:

Spawns are not working - even if I use:

http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=19143&highlight=prefab

Here's what's happening and once again I get the real f'in weird ones!!

1. I'm using a modified, pl / plr set up but I can't see why that would effect anything.

Here's what's happening:

1. red will spawn in blue or blue in red not matter how many times I try to reconfigure it.
    2. if I do get the blue side working (red will spawn there) - it seems as if all the spawn point s don't work - if you change player classes you usually cycle through the points but I only go through the same 4 points even though there's 16 in the room

Any ideas cause I spent 1 hour plus on it last night scratching my head and it's holding up me releasing my alpha.

2. Izotope

aa Izotope Never releases maps

Positive Ratings:
    Are your spawnpoints associated to control points?

Also, I'm terribly sorry, but it's affect*

3. Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    ROFL the effect of the affect is that I can't release the map :p

Spawn points are not associated with any control points and this might be apart of the problem. With the modified pl / plr race (blue is also pushing both of the carts) set up I'm having to use the cap system like this:

on pass | hide model , if I use capture variation the map always ends in victory.

4. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    You need a team_control_point_master entity to block RED from winning instantly due to the point status.

5. Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    I've got one - how to I do the block it thing? I can pm a link to the vmf when I get home from work if that would help - it may look buggy because I'm using a lot of custom textures.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  6. ExtraCheesyPie

ExtraCheesyPie L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Highly relevant username

7. Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    here's the vmf - can someone see the error or reason it's doing it?

http://forums.tf2maps.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=5989

For example, when I just had the player entity there I could switch teams easily - now when the spawn room is in it doesn't work.

Possible solution - I could just put in a spawn room entity behind the viz brush to keep players out and then have the players spawn outside of the room brush?

FInding a solution for this today if possible would be great - so I can get the map out over the weekend :)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  8. Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    ok after going through every entity (hide and un-hide) it looks like it might be the team_control_point_master causing the issue - when unhid - spawn breaks - when hidden spawns work right - this is the weirdest one I've seen yet. Any ideas on what's going on would be a BIG HELP < HELP!!!

Edit:

Is there ant other way yo get a hud on the screen without a TCP master. because it looks like my map may be dead - the TCP master is the cause of the spawn bug - when hidden all spawn points work but then The payloads don't work.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  9. Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    Ok - I think I may have it working - no clue how but it might be working

Here is the solution if anybody needs it:

I gave the team_control_point_master a name tcp_master and then - even though it's a single stage map - I went to the team_control_point_round called it round1 then gave red/blue info_player_teamspawn entities the round1 for each of their teams.

Took me 3 hours and 60 compiles but I got it!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015