Ceres (Spacedock)

KotH Ceres (Spacedock) A5c

Edward_shooter

L1: Registered
Dec 20, 2020
Edward_shooter submitted a new resource:

Spacedock - Space Cruiser!

Plot:
After the discovery of the mysterious alien UFO in Snowycoast, the United Nations began assembling a combined space force, known as the United Nations Cosmic Fleet (copyright lololol). With many lives lost and 2Fort destroyed, Saxton Hale stepped up and provided the blueprint of the experimental doomsday device being tested in Nucleus. With the necessary technology at hand, an iconic cruiser from WWII was resurrected to regain Earth's independence. But with a slight design flaw, it only had life support for 16 mercenaries...

Unique Features:
  • Space cruiser with retrofuturistic sci-fi designs from the '70s, established by Leiji Matsumoto (Star Wars is technically inspired by Space Battleship Yamato)
  • Space-themed battleground
  • Control point located on a 2-story elevator platform
  • Force fields!

Trivia:
I had little experience in using Hammer for decorating my Portal 2 (PeTI) maps. This is my first (TF2) map completely made in Hammer. I hope it is passable for a newbie map!

The space cruiser has a real-life counterpart, started as my 2018 summer holiday project. It is currently kept in the Visual Arts room for future exhibitions. [insert link here]

Read the rest of this resource...

Last edited:

Edward_shooter

Dec 20, 2020
Edward_shooter updated Spacedock with a new update entry:

Changing Map Name

The name of this map "koth_spacedock" is now changed to "koth_ceres" to avoid name collision with another map of the same title [TF2 wiki], as well as to reflect the significant rework (~95%) of the map layout.

The original map files, "koth_spacedock_a1.bsp", "koth_spacedock_a1a.bsp", as well as the .rar files hosted on my GameBana page [GameBanana], will NOT have their names changed for archival purposes.

The upcoming updates will be named "koth_ceres_a2", "koth_ceres_a2a", etc. .

Note:
  • another map called "ctf_ceres_base" [TF2Maps] has no relationship with the development of this map
  • an alternative name "Spacedock: Solar War" was used, but later scrapped due to it being too long

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

Edward_shooter

Dec 20, 2020