Source SDK and VBCT problems

zakariasan2

L1: Registered
May 25, 2015
At the moment I'm completely lost.
1. When I try to launch source sdk, it takes forever to launch (10-15 mins) and when changing game mode, it takes the same time to open to actually switch. I only usually use it for mods such as propper.
2. When choosing a gamemode for VBCT e.g. TF2, it freezes and doesn't work and I end up closing it and trying something else. I had to redownload it before because when I tried to open it before, it never opened.

I've reinstalled source sdk as well as the other source tools but nothing seems to work. I tried validating all files but that didnt work either. At this point im stumped and I'm hoping that someone out there has the fix for all of this at least some.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Vel0city

func_fish
aa
Dec 6, 2014
Don't run the Source SDK, open Hammer from Team Fortress 2/bin. This should also fix VBCT hanging, as you now assign it to the proper VBSP, VVIS and VRAD compilers also located in Team Fortress 2/bin.

As for "The command failed. Windows reported the error: "The system cannot find the file specified.": this means that VBSP stopped mid-compile because of a critical error. This means VVIS and VRAD didn't get a bsp file to work with so they spit out this error. VBSP can stop for a number of reasons. Leaks, tool textures on displacements, entities tied to displacements, invalid brushes, etc.

zakariasan2

L1: Registered
May 25, 2015
well apparently source sdk setted the configuration to ep1 for its compiling.

The long waiting time is not caused by me opening the source sdk i dont think. It use to open all the time before when i opened vbct but now I cant open it at all or even choose tf2 as a mod.

I really only use it so I can see the progression of the compiler and it forces it to stop if theres a major bug e.g. a leak. If theres a way so that can be configured on there then I don't need it but only for propper.

Last edited: