Soundscript can't be packed into map correctly

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Fiend558, Nov 23, 2021 at 3:13 PM.

1. Fiend558

Fiend558 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey, I have a map where I need this soundscript to work, which it normally does, when I put it in the folder with my map, but for some reason, it ceases functioning when packed into the bsp itself. Does anyone know how I could fix this?

Attached Files:

2. Bill Shit

Bill Shit L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Have you tried caching the soundfile by putting an unused ambient_generic somewhere in the map? This helped on one of my maps where I had a similar issue.

3. Fiend558

Fiend558 L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry, but I'm sorta new to hammer and I don't really understand what you mean by caching the soundfile.

4. Bill Shit

Bill Shit L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    just means pre-loading the sound into the game. It might not be the corrected usage of the term but the idea of it is "loading" the actual .wav sound file into the map so the script recognises the sound entity. Basically just putting an ambient_generic entity with the desired sound anywhere in the map, could be at the top of the skybox, as long as it exists.

It may not work in your case, but it worked for me when I did something similar.