Soundscapes and Cubemaps

Baggie

L1: Registered
Mar 25, 2008
I'm having a bit of difficulty with soundscapes. I, naturally, cheated and ripped them off 2fort. But now they don't differentiate between the two versions of the same info_target, they just default to the first one that was created. Don't know why.

Also I'm having an error when I try to compile cubemaps, it runs through it and then stops, giving the error "cannot find sky_hydro_01", which is definately the right name, so I'm perplexed as to why it can't.

Help would be appreciated, as this is nearly all that's keeping it from release.
Thanks,
Baggie

Baggie

Mar 25, 2008
Okay, the real error is

Error: Skybox vtf files for sky_hydro_01 weren't compiled with the same size texture and/or same flags!
Can't load skybox file sky_hydro_01 to build the default cubemap!

Paria

L5: Dapper Member
Dec 12, 2007
seriously search for threads on cubemaps on this very forum, theres currently a 2 page thread with a full listing of the commands you need to run cubemaps along with several posts indicting what you should and shouldnt expect to see,

http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=1871

as for the soundscapes if you ripped them directly from 2 fort , i would suggest placing your own in the map - from what i can remember 2 fort breaks down areas with env_soundscapes and has them set to various triggers within the map i.e the entrance of the sewers - changes soundscapes, so if you dont know exactly what your ripping from the map its alot better to place them and set them up yourself.

Baggie

Mar 25, 2008
Okay, for anyone who want to know, there are two sets of soundscapes in 2fort, 1 red and 1 blue with slight differences.